Each user was read a script and five tasks that they were asked to complete.
The script and tasks were kept the same for all users.
Task 1 - Log in: You are new to gardening, and have never used a gardening app before.
- A. go to the app store and search for gardening apps, then
- B. download the Garden Grow app and
- C. sign up for an account using your email address.
Task 2 - Beginner Resources: You are new to gardening and are looking for a guide for beginners.
- A. find a step-by-step guide on how to get started gardening.
Task 3 - Virtual Plot: You heard of the virtual plot feature of the Garden Grow app and would like to use it to plan your flower garden for next year.
- A. Create a new square virtual garden plot
- B. add an azalea to it
- C. place where you want it grow.
Task 4 - Volunteer Opportunities: You are looking for community gardens in Dane County, and you heard positive things about the DeForest Community Garden.
- A. Find the DeForest Community Garden listing
- B. Contact them about volunteer opportunities.
Task 5 - Lesson Plans: You are a middle school science teacher who is looking for lesson plans on planting edible gardens.
- A. find a lesson plan on edible landscapes and
- B. add it to the favorites section of your profile.